Lets see, Aladdin's carpet has the following features:
- Doesn't run out of fuel.
- Can make arbitrarily tight turns as it's not bound by aerodynamic constraints.
- Can fly arbitrarily high and fast as once again it isn't bound by aerodynamic constraints.
- Has no heat signature so it can't be easily targeted by heat seeking missiles.
- Has a small radar footprint making it hard to target with radar guided missiles.
On the other hand Aladdin and the carpet lack:
- A radar, making it hard to sight incoming jets (and dragons).
- A g-suit, without which it's very hard to endure high G turns.
- An oxygen mask, without which it's very hard to fly very high.
- A canopy and for that matter a cabin that protects the pilot. Supersonic wind is really damaging.
- Seat belts. Try pulling a -2G dive without them!
- No ejection seat!
- No 30mm canon
- No air to air missiles
- No fire suppression equipment. Have you ever seen a fire extinguisher on Aladdin's carpet? Neither have I.
So there it is? Who do you think wins the day? Aladdin or Maverick?